Thursday, April 7, 2011

elk jerky + wasabi peas = DELICIOUS

Bailey's dad makes awesome jerky. It's the thicker kind like slim jim or o boy oberto. Boss had wasabi peas on her desk when I was eating jerky.... so... I combined. Reasons why it's good:
- mixed textures (like chips in your sandwich). chewy jerky + crunchy peas.
- spicy + meat.
- smokey + corn...y. I know it's peas, but you know what I'm saying.

Also! Mac & cheese with kale is my new favorite. I can't ever finish the whole batch in one sitting, so I don't like to use vegetables that can't reheat well (like the standard m&c combo go-to, brocoli). Lately my goal has been to add more kale each time, and use less noodle so it's more cheesy veggies rather than carb overload and guilted food coma. Also peas are just fun always and meat. Chicken absorbs good flavor and reheats decently.

The universe answered my request for banana cream pie in 2 days. What should I ask for next?!

4 comments:

  1. I had some homemade kale chips today...and am feeling inspired to make some. wanna try sometime?

    i am having dinner party this weekend. making baked ziti with meatballs. will be making sauce and meatballs myself...i have yet to make pasta, but i want to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, went to opening for new low income housing at at Magnuson Park tonight. which meant: cheese plates. Brie on bread never gets old...made beeline for cheese plates and veggies and dip. I think my supervisor at the City thinks i'm a strange cheese lady. luckily, the stranger i seem, the more she seems to appreciate me :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. also! when dining out...

    http://redwhiteunite.squarespace.com/restaurants/

    ok. 3 posts in less than 5 minutes. time for bed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried to make kale chips, but I forgot to pay attention to them and burnt them all. Neal's made pasta from scratch. You should do it! Have I shown you Marcel the shell? Cheese reminds me of it. April 6th! we missed it!!!

    ReplyDelete