Friday, February 10, 2012

Restaurant Twists on the Familiar

Girl time has created many adventures followed by food... with a Seattle twist.

Night out clubbing? Wake yourself up the next day with a hearty meal from Tom Douglas's Dahlia Lounge. I believe this is the Scramble: hedgehog mushrooms, caramelized onions, gruyere, thyme with a smoked pork chop. Read again: Smoked Pork Chop.

There was something about the ketchup I can't remember. I thought the biscuit would be exciting since the restaurant's affiliate is the Dahlia baker. There was no honey, so you know how I feel about that. (Not impressed). I did love the mix of flavors of the egg and pork chop.

Afternoon of Wine Tasting? Flow into your evening with kushiyaki at Kushi Bar. Since my friends have been introducing me to the diversity of okonomiyaki, the fried rice omelette topped with okonomiyaki seasonings was the chosen adventure of the evening.

Oh bonito flakes, how you flutter in the wind so yummily.

Sunday afternoon study session? Give your brain a break with Cloud City Coffee pulled pork sandwhiches. They rotate between beef brisket and pork. There's an option for spicy or non spicy. They make it there as well as the buns.

And look! It comes with veggies!! Well rounded meal for well rounded minds.

Who doesn't love Seattle?

No comments:

Post a Comment