Saturday, February 18, 2012

Piccolo

Smash introduced me to a restaurant in our neighborhood that makes their pasta from scratch (except for the spaghetti - ironically). Very simple decor. Very good food. They also offer gluten free pasta options!

$8 for a glass of house wine, or $22 for half a carafe. I suggest going with somebody so you can share the food and the wine. Better deal all around. They have their standard menu, and specials.

That night we were celebrating Smash's birthday and she was thanking me for kitty-sitting. (For those of you who are interested, kitty sitting involves sitting on the couch until they decide they'll let you pet them. I only got attacked once and she didn't use her teeth and didn't bare her claws!)

Special: Sole with truffle risotto. The fish was tender and everything was just melt in your mouth-y.

Go ahead and meditate on this picture.

From their standard menu I got the braised lamb and gnocchi (hand made, remember?) I'm not much for tomato-based sauces with meat, but I had to try lamb and gnocchi. The gnocchi was huge the flavors complex, but the lamb was simple. Which I appreciate because then you can enjoy the full flavor and texture of the meat without it being obscured by fancy crap.

So puffy.

I love truffles, so let's look at that dish again:

I also took bread and soaked up the sauce from that one. After I made sure Smash was done with her meal.

They also have ALL GLUTEN FREE desserts. In true Seattle neighborhood restaurant tradition - Smash's panna cotta was on the house.

The candle messed with my phone-camera's focus. Or the phone was drooling over the food. You decide the cause.

No comments:

Post a Comment