Thursday, January 5, 2012

Out and About DC Metropolitan Style

I love going back to MD, because I get to see old friends, and they've always got interesting places to see and eat at!

First up, Poetry Night at Busboys and Poets. Normally links in this blog are direct lines to the menu. But you should check out the establishment's main website. It's combination bookstore-restaurant, and it's where Langston Hughes used to work! Could there be more appropriate places to go to a poetry night?

Did I mention I got crab cakes? SO MUCH MEAT!

For Smash- my bites consisted of crab cake, some veggies, sauce, and the grits. Every single bite, yes. It just wasn't the same without all 4 components!

My friend from high school got up and performed a piece, and we got to hear from her friend who performed by the host's request! I loved the broad range of topics and presentation styles, and am so proud of my friend for getting up there!

Later in the week I met with another friend. His wife had to work so we dropped her off at work and went to Eggspectation nearby.

Half Boca Raton benedict, and half Smoked Salmon. I was too indecisive. I meant the other half to be the California benedict.

They're all so good! I was surprised that it's such a large chain, but apparently it's only an East Coast chain. Both for the U.S., Canada, and I bet you for India (I didn't look extensively at where their Indian locations were. I just wanted to see if there were any near me!) Answer is no.

Went down to VA to watch the Alamo bowl with nephew & Co. (To be honest, he was well in bed before the game started, but I can pretend he was cheering in his dreams).

We had sandwiches from one cousin's local favorites, ....[insert name & link here]. I got a pastrami sandwhich on rye with lettuce, dijon, tomatoes and a side of HORSERADISH - WHAT!

I stopped expanding my pictures. It just makes them blurry and less yummy looking. Move your face closer to the screen.

They had pretzel chips. I put them in the sandwich.

It was as good as it looks.

No comments:

Post a Comment