Friday, May 13, 2011

NATTO/SHABU CELEBRATION

I ate natto for dinner and again for lunch today, and then tonight furniture advisor is hosting a shabu-shabu/natto party! AHHHH so excited!!

Natto spaghetti sounds so good~!


4 kinds of natto, 4 different ways. (tossed with spaghetti, without sauce, with sauce, with sauce and maguro!)

Also, I always knew that sushi knives were good, but until I used one last night I don't think I fully appreciated the magical cutting powers they possess. EASIER than buttuh.



Shabu shabu! (Grated daikon, ponzu, green onion, fish ball, shimp ball, beef, pork, tofu, udon, clear noodles, mochi, dumplings, fish, cabbage, enoki, sake, and wine).

There was also home made green tea ice cream and edamame! Natto and shabu go sooo well together. Yes, mix the food together. I've never done hot pot fully Japanese style so it was interesting how the flavors all mixed together.

No comments:

Post a Comment