Sunday, March 25, 2012

Reasons to Cook At Home, or Not.

Reasons to Cook At Home:

McDonald's is going down hill. This is a hot fudge sundae, 5 min after driving away from the window:

Yes, it was bubbling.

I know people with a soft serve machine. I have a double broiler. Why pay money for drippy bubbles?

Cousin has been experimenting. Braised beef may be too much work for me, but she seems to like it just fine. Who needs Mike's Noodle House?

Still do, but you know. Now there's options.

Add veggies of your own liking, and you don't even have to buy broth! Braised beef comes in its own!

She also provided noodles.

You don't have to put on pants for breakfast if you cook at home. What could be more relaxing?

Starbuck's instant coffee, whole grain toast with butter, turkey bacon, grits/collards/cheese, and a poached egg.

You also get to manage the healthiness. That meal was provided oil and grease free courtesy of my new Orgreenics pan (aka cancer pan). *Look up the infommercial.*

I mean, c'mon. How can it slide off that easily and not be carcinogenic?

You can try new foods. My friends decided I needed to try Sukiyaki before I visited Japan. It's kind of like hot pot/stew. There's many different styles, but my friends had a way they like it so we cooked at home.

You take veggies, broth, sugar, sake, tofu, and noodles and cook it all together.

Separately, you take beef and you grill it up.

Put it all in a bowl with some rice and you get deliciousness.

Reasons Not to Just Cook At Home:

Cake Pops. Specifically, tiramisu cake pops. I rarely make cakes (no patience to wait to ice it), and I never make pops (don't eat candy). The likelihood of me making cake pops is pretty nonexistent. I also, don't make pretty food. See how pretty?

Doesn't mean that I can't enjoy them.

I haven't had any other cake pops, but I think the tiramisu one was nice and moist. Not too sugary either. (Some of the icing fell off while eating. It knew its place in the world was to be decorative and not actually be consumed for the perfect icing/cake ratio).

Chicken pot pie at the Sexton. You should try it. *Warning: creamy* That is all.

Grocery Outlet Dos and Don'ts:

Do buy these-

Who needs gummi bears when you can have dried mango? We pretend it's healthier. Fiber, right?

Filipino mangoes are the best thing in the world. They are tender, and the perfect mix of sweet/sour without feeling like your teeth are going to fall off. For some reason you can also get them at Grocery Outlet.

Don't- get wine. Any wine. Ever. Even if you look it up online and it's a $20 bottle with great ratings on sale for $8. Just don't. They are all sweet. All of them. No matter what kind. It's disgusting, and not even good as dessert wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment