Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Fancy Schmancy Sandwiches

Ok, it's not really a sandwich I guess, but I wanted Eggs Benedict, and am trying to save $.  We can call it open faced.  The internet has many hollandaise sauce recipes but I chose Alton Brown's less complicated one.  Considering I'm not one for high maintenance recipes, I'd say it wasn't so bad.
 


 The thing is, it's not re-heatable in the microwave. Might I recommend re-heating the same way you cook it.  Otherwise everything separates!!!!

In my desperate scramble to save the sauce I thought.... well it's just butter and yolk, butter will solidify again in the fridge.  No. The answer is no it will not come out the same. Even if you whisk it.

Lesson learned, but I still think my cooking mojo is jinxed.

Meanwhile, in Vegas we visited the Earl of Sandwich at the strong urging of Mar. One of those toast through a grill places.  




I know it just looks like a sandwich (The Full Montagu... get it??) But the bread is so soft and buttery.  I would say it's firm like french bread, but the crust is like italian.












Yummy eating!

2 comments:

  1. Great tip on the hollandise sause!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cindy! That sandwich looks good and maybe you can try reheating it in the toaster oven instead of a microwave. I like to use my toaster to reheat my frozen burritos.

    ReplyDelete